Standard Terms & Conditions of Supply of Goods & services
In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
1.1 “Consumer” shall have the meaning ascribed in section 12 of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977;
1.2 “Customer” means any person who purchases Goods and Services from the Supplier;
1.3 “Goods” means the articles specified in the Proposal;
1.4 “Proposal” means a statement of work, quotation or other similar document describing the Goods and Services to be provided by the Supplier;
1.5 “Services” means the services specified in the Proposal;
1.6 “Supplier” means Book of My Life Ltd, 20–22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU. Book of My Life Ltd is a company incorporated in England. Company number 9571669. Registered office 9 Bridle Close, Surbiton Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2JW;
1.7 “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions of supply set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Supplier.
2.1 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of Goods and Services by the Supplier to the Customer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Customer.
2.2 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Supplier.
2.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any condition or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Supplier may be entitled in relation to the Goods and Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation.
2.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Customer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
3 The Order
3.1 Any Proposal made by the Supplier shall remain valid for a period of 30 days.
3.2 The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Proposal by placing an order with the Supplier (“the Order”) within the period specified in Clause 3.1.
3.3 All Orders for Goods and Services shall be deemed to be acceptance of the Proposal pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
4 Price & Payment
4.1 The price for the Goods and Services is as specified in the Proposal and is inclusive of VAT and any applicable charges outlined in the Proposal.
4.2 Payment of the price shall be in the manner specified in the Proposal.
4.3 If the Customer fails to make any payment within 30 days of it becoming due, the Supplier shall be entitled to charge interest at the rate of eight per cent per month on the outstanding amounts.
5.1 The date of delivery specified by the Supplier is an estimate only. Time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods.
5.2 All risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer upon delivery.
Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the Supplier has been paid in full for the Goods.
7 Customer’s Obligations
To enable the Supplier to perform its obligations the Customer shall:
7.1 cooperate with the Supplier;
7.2 provide the Supplier with any information reasonably required by the Supplier;
7.3 obtain all necessary permissions, licenses and consents which may be required before the commencement of the services, the cost of which shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer; and
7.4 comply with such other requirements as may be set out in the Proposal or otherwise agreed between the parties.
8 Supplier’s Obligations
8.1 The Supplier warrants that the Goods will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Supplier.
8.2 The Supplier shall perform the Services with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard in accordance with recognised standards and codes of practice.
8.3 The Supplier accepts all responsibility for the condition of tools and equipment used in the performance of the Services and shall ensure that any materials supplied shall be free of defects.
9 Cancellations & Refunds
9.1 The Customer may cancel an Order by notifying the Supplier in writing at the address above within ten working days of placing an Order and any deposit paid will be refunded in full unless work has commenced on the project as specified in the Proposal, in which case a percentage of the deposit will be retained to cover the cost of the work undertaken.
9.2 If the Customer fails to cancel the Order within the time specified in Clause 9.1, any deposit paid may not be returnable.
9.3 If the Customer wishes to cancel the Order part-way through the project, written notification must be given to the Supplier. Payment will be due for the work that has been carried out as specified in the Proposal up to the date of cancellation.
9.4 The Supplier reserves the right to cancel the Order at any time. If a payment has been made in advance by the Customer and the work that this covers has not been completed by the Supplier when the Order is cancelled, the Customer will be given a refund for the amount overpaid, less any payment for work that has been carried out.
10 Limitation of Liability
10.1 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Supplier for death or personal injury, however the Supplier shall not be liable for any direct loss or damage suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract or otherwise in excess of the price for the Goods and Services.
10.2 The Supplier shall not be liable under any circumstances to the Customer or any third party for any indirect or consequential loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Customer howsoever caused, as a result of any negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or otherwise.
10.3 For the avoidance of doubt, time shall not be of the essence and the Supplier shall incur no liability to the Customer in respect of any failure to complete the Services by any agreed completion date.
11 Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
If any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Terms and Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
13 Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Website Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Book of My Life’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, Book of My Life Ltd, whose contact address is 20–22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, United Kingdom. Book of My Life Ltd is a company incorporated in England. Company number: 9571669. Registered office: 9 Bridle Close, Surbiton Road, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2JW. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information or materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is the copyright of Book of My Life Ltd–© Book of My Life Ltd 2015 unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Book of My Life is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Book of My Life may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from June 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Book of My Life Ltd, 20–22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Book of My Life, and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representation or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Book of My Life. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Book of My Life takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.